At EUSD, learning extends beyond the classroom and traditional academic subjects. Kids need a well-rounded education that allows them to flourish, and we provide exactly that through unique curricular offerings, electives, and extracurricular activities, including:
- Physical education at every grade level, taught by fully-credentialed PE teachers.
- Numerous visual and performing arts classes and programs in both elementary and middle schools.
- A variety of middle school electives, including visual and performing arts, yearbook, student leadership, AVID, industrial technology, audio / video production, and robotics.
- Escondido Youth Media Festival: A juried festival where EUSD students can submit photos, videos, and/or audio storytelling projects.
- Participation in iVIE Student Film Festival & Awards: Students in EUSD have the option of submitting student- and class-created videos to the county’s Innovative Video in Education juried festival. Many teachers participate in EUSD’s Project LIVE, a program to foster critical-thinking and visual literacy skills to increase student achievement. See award-winning Project LIVE videos…
- SmART Festival: A free annual festival with dance, music, theatrical, and poetry performances; visual arts displays; and hands-on art activities. This spring event is held annually in Grape Day Park and showcases local talent. EUSD, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido, and others sponsor this great event.
- Annual Young Author’s Celebration of Writing: The annual Young Author’s Celebration of Writing recognizes exemplary writing by student authors in grades TK–8 from schools throughout our district.
- Annual Math Field Day: Math Field Day brings together 5th and 6th grade students representing all EUSD schools for a morning of team competition based on the California Math Standards. Student representatives invited to participate in Math Field Day reflect the highest level of achievement in math from throughout our district.
- Jump Aboard: A program that allows our 8th graders to get a taste of the high school experience by visiting local schools in the Escondido Union High School District.
Bottom line: These are just some of the many exciting opportunities available to students in our district. If you want to nurture and stimulate your child in a holistic, multidisciplinary way that goes beyond the basics, then EUSD is the place to be.
Take the next step:
Or explore our other strengths and signature programs: