Important / Importante
DISTRICT CLOSURE: Learn more in English...
CIERRE DEL DISTRITO: Más informes en español...
Pablo Picasso once said that “every child is an artist.” At EUSD, we celebrate this fact by offering a number of visual and performing art programs at both the elementary and middle school levels:
- All 3rd grade students are introduced to music by learning to play the recorder.
- 4th and 5th grade students have access to band — and they even get to perform on stage at the California Center for the Arts, Escondido!
- All middle schools have vocal and instrumental music programs, and they also get to perform at the Center for the Arts.
- Through a partnership with the California Center for the Arts, Escondido we participate in the following programs and events:
- The annual SmART Festival showcases the amazing visual and performing arts work of our EUSD students.
- The My Story program sends teaching artists into 4th and 5th grade classrooms. At the 4th grade level, the focus is on drama and California History. At the 5th grade level, the focus is on photography, storytelling, and language arts.
- Thanks to the generosity of donor Jean Will, the Jean Will Strings program exposes 2nd through 5th grade students to classical music, and teaches them to play violin.
- A Step Beyond is a non-profit organization whose program provides introduction to dance to our 4th grade students at Central, Rose, Farr, and Oak Hill Elementary Schools.
- Last but not least, we help our teachers integrate the arts into their lessons and teaching through professional development opportunities.
Bottom line: If the arts are important to you and your child, then you should definitely consider enrolling them at an EUSD school.
Take the next step:
Or explore our other strengths and signature programs: