847 That’s how many family workshops EUSD hosted during the 2017-2018 school year. Over 18,000 attendees benefited from the classes — but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. EUSD offers numerous support services and programs that help students and parents in a variety of important ways. Here are just a few:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are offered to parents through a partnership with the Escondido Union High School District (EUHSD).
- The family workshops program mentioned above is available at all EUSD schools. It educates and supports parents and encourages them to be a partner in the education of their children through multiple opportunities for input, interaction, and involvement.
- We’re proud to have full time Social Workers at every EUSD school and two full-time Counselors at every middle school to support our students’ academic, social, emotional, and personal success.
- We have full time licensed vocational nurses at every EUSD school to support the health and wellness of our students.
- Every single EUSD school has a Family Liaison that enables better two-way communication between schools and families.
- Our award-winning After School Education & Safety (ASES) program provides families with free childcare before and after school hours at several of our schools.
- The Project SUCCESS Resource Center located at Mission Middle School provides assistance to families experiencing homelessness or housing instability, youth in foster care, and military-connected families.
Bottom line: Both inside and outside of the classroom, EUSD is here for you and your child.
Take the next step:
Or explore our other strengths and signature programs: