Important / Importante
DISTRICT CLOSURE: Learn more in English...
CIERRE DEL DISTRITO: Más informes en español...
As a parent, you want your children to grow up modeling good behavior and positive values. You also want assurance that their school environment is safe and secure. We share your goals and concerns. That’s why we have implemented many important programs.
- Each of our schools practices the philosophy of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), which recognizes the importance of being proactive in teaching students what it means to be safe, respectful, and responsible citizens.
- Bullying is a concern at schools across the nation. At EUSD, we work hard to address bullying by offering education programs for parents and students, and providing an Online Bullying Reporting system on each of our schools’ websites. School administrators, school social workers, and counselors review and respond to all reports of bullying, and assign interventions and/or corrective actions as appropriate for each situation.
- We have full time School Social Workers at every district school, and two full-time Counselors at every middle school to support our students’ social, emotional, and personal development.
- Our Elementary School Social Workers coordinate a program known as Peace Patrol, which trains 4th- and 5th-grade students how to positively resolve situations that come up during recess and lunch time.
- Every October, we celebrate Red Ribbon Week at all EUSD schools with the theme “Being Drug-Free Begins With Me.” The activities emphasize the importance of living a healthy lifestyle.
- Our Safe Walk partnership with the Escondido Police Department places parent/guardian volunteers throughout the routes to and from our schools to provide additional adult supervision for students
- Our Crossing Guards partnership with the Escondido Police Department and Escondido Education COMPACT places trained crossing guards at crosswalks adjacent to our schools to assist students and parents/guardians in safely crossing the street.
- In collaboration with Escondido Education COMPACT, EUSD hosts the annual Peace Begins with ME Youth Festival to celebrate peace in Escondido.
- Each year, EUSD schools celebrate the Season for Nonviolence, which recognizes students, staff, and community members who exemplify the positive impact that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi had in inspiring individuals to be everyday peacemakers.
- To keep our schools safe and secure from outside threats, we are installing state-of-the-art security fencing at all schools as part of our ongoing Proposition E school modernization.
Bottom line: Your child deserves the safest possible school environment, and at EUSD, we are committed to doing everything we can to make this a reality.
Take the next step:
Or explore our other strengths and signature programs: