We don’t mean to brag, but our trophy case is getting crowded. EUSD has been recognized and lauded by numerous organizations and educators. Here are just a few of the honors:
- In April 2015, EUSD was one of 11 school districts in California to be designated as a model of attendance improvement by the State School Attendance Review Board.
- EUSD’s community collaborative partnership program (formally known as the CARE Youth Project) has made a tremendous impact on our students and schools. As a result, it has earned a Golden Bell Award from the California School Board Association, and a Public Health Champion Award from the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency.
- Our Technology & Innovation department’s iREAD program has been modeled around the world with educators from Japan and New Zealand making repeat visits to EUSD to learn more and replicate the program’s success.
- Also in the realm of Technology & Innovation, EUSD is a three-time recipient of the Apple Distinguished Program award that recognizes innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.
- In 2015, Miller and Reidy Creek Elementary Schools were named Honor Roll Schools by the National Educational Results Partnership (ERP) and the Campaign for Business and Education Excellence (CBEE). In 2016, Miller Elementary and Quantum Academy were also named.
- Our After School Education and Safety Program (ASES) was recognized in 2015-16 for the STEM Fridays program by the San Diego County Office of Education.
- Last but not least: Our students are big winners, too! For example, did you know that the Nanobots of Bear Valley Middle School (pictured at top of page) have won awards in the realm of robotics? The students in the Mission Television (MTV) program at Mission Middle School have been honored as well — including the winner of the RedEye competition in the 2016 Innovative Video in Education (iVIE) awards! The work of our Mission students beat out competing entries from San Diego area high schools, and their winning commercial for San Diego County Credit Union actually aired on NBC 7:
Bottom line: In some ways, EUSD has been one of our community’s best kept secrets — but the secret is out. Educators and experts from around the nation and world are taking notice of our amazing people and programs, and we’re thrilled to share them with you as well.
Take the next step:
Or explore our other strengths and signature programs: