The EUSD Board of Education wants to provide attendance options for parents and students in order to help meet the diverse needs and interests of students within the district. Normally, students attend the schools that serve the neighborhood attendance areas in which they reside. However, students may apply for a School Choice Intradistrict Transfer to any school(s) in the district.
- The application will be open between Monday, November 6, 2017 and Friday, February 9, 2018. Once your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
- By law, School Choice Intradistrict Transfers are approved on the basis of space availability at the school(s) of desired attendance. Each year, the district determines each school’s capacity based on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act guidelines, programmatic considerations, and each site’s facilities and staffing. Submitting an application for School Choice does not guarantee enrollment in the desired school(s).
- A random, unbiased lottery drawing of students who submit an application by the February 9, 2018, deadline will be conducted in March 2018. You will be notified by e-mail in March 2018 regarding the results of the lottery.
- All students currently in 5th grade who would like to attend a different middle school in 2018–2019, other than his/her school of residence (based on home address on record), must apply by submitting a School Choice application, unless that 5th grade student is already attending Quantum Academy.
- Students who would like to attend Quantum Academy in 2018–2019 must apply by submitting a School Choice application.
- All students who already have an approved School Choice transfer on file do not need to reapply. The existing application will continue to be honored, unless the School Choice request was for one year only.
- Students who attend another school under the School Choice option are not provided transportation.
- If you would like to learn more about a specific EUSD school before submitting your application, you can visit our schools page, or request a school tour.
Have questions or need assistance?
Questions regarding the School Choice Intradistrict Transfer process should be directed to your principal, or to Integrated Student Supports at 760-432-2247. Assistance will be provided at your child’s school to any parent who does not have Internet access.