The EUSD Board of Education wants to provide attendance options for parents and students in order to help meet the diverse needs and interests of students within the district.
Typically, students attend the schools that serve the neighborhood attendance areas in which they live. However, students may apply for a School Choice Intradistrict Transfer to any school in the district.
School Choice applications for 2021-2022 will be available February 17.
The application will be open between Wednesday, February 17, 2021, and Friday, March 19, 2021. Once your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
- By law, School Choice Intradistrict Transfers are approved on the basis of space availability at the school(s) of desired attendance. Each year, the district determines each school’s capacity based on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act guidelines, programmatic considerations, and each site’s facilities and staffing. Submitting an application for School Choice does not guarantee enrollment in the desired school(s).
- A random, unbiased lottery drawing of students who submit an application by March 19, 2021, deadline will be conducted in April 2021. You will be notified by email in April 2021 regarding the results of the lottery.
- Your child’s application either will be approved or placed on a waiting list following the School Choice lottery. You will receive notification as to when the wait list is closed for the current school year, and you will be provided information as to how to submit a School Choice application for the following year.
- All students who already have an approved School Choice transfer on file do not need to reapply. The existing application will continue to be honored, unless the School Choice request was for one year only.
- The School Choice process is to apply to attend a school of choice in person in the 2021-2022 school year. There will be an opportunity later in the school year to express interest in a full distance learning program for the 2021-2022 school year.
- A separate application must be completed for each student who is applying for School Choice.
- A student who was transferred to a school in the 2020-2021 school year due to lack of space in the requested program model (Hybrid or Full Distance Learning) at the school of residence, must apply for School Choice in order to remain at the school of transfer. Otherwise, all students will be enrolled back at their school of residence for the 2021-2022 school year.
- An incoming Kindergarten student(s) who wants to attend an elementary school other than their school of residence must apply for School Choice.
- All students currently in 5th grade who would like to attend a different middle school in 2021-2022, other than his/her school of residence (based on the home address on record), must apply by submitting a School Choice application, unless that 5th-grade student is already attending Quantum Academy.
- Students who would like to attend Quantum Academy in 2021-2022 must apply by submitting a School Choice application.
- A student who has a sibling(s) who is already attending a school of choice, must also apply for School Choice and be approved in order to have the siblings attend the same choice school.
- Students who attend another school under the School Choice option are not provided transportation.
- If you would like to learn more about a specific EUSD school before submitting your application, you can visit our schools page, or request a school tour.
Dual Language Program
EUSD is pleased to offer the Dual Language Immersion Program at four elementary schools. Our program follows a research-based 90/10 instructional model designed to promote bilingualism, biliteracy, and biculturalism for students whose primary language is English as well as those whose primary language is Spanish.
EUSD dual language programs are offered at the following schools:
• Glen View
If you are interested in the dual language program for your child, even if one of these schools is not your school of residence, please complete the following three-question survey: Dual Language Program Parent Request.
Have questions or need assistance?
Questions regarding the School Choice Intradistrict Transfer process should be directed to your principal, or to Integrated Student Supports at 760-432-2247. Assistance will be provided at your child’s school to any parent who does not have Internet access.
If you would like information regarding an out of district transfer, please view our Interdistrict Transfer page.