The proceeds of the Bonds are intended to be used to:
- Repair or replace outdated classrooms and school buildings with safe, modernized facilities
- Improve student safety and campus security
- Keep technology infrastructure up to date in K-8 classrooms, science labs, libraries, and computer systems
- Acquire, construct, repair classrooms, sites and equipment
- Provide all students with access to the education, facilities, and technology needed to succeed in high school, college, and beyond
An extensive needs assessment was conducted to determine which schools and projects would be the greatest priority. The goal of the district is to provide equitable facilities for all students within the district. Ten (10) Bond Projects were identified as top priority, and these projects are in Series A of the bond utilizing $62 Million.
In order to complete the identified priority projects, the District will utilize a number of funding sources including:
- Proposition E Bond Proceeds
- Interest Earnings
- State Matching Grants.