Office of the Superintendent Approval Guidelines for Flyer Distribution
All flyers are approved through the superintendent’s office or designee via PeachJar. Flyer approval does not constitute endorsement. Approval simply means the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for districtwide electronic distribution.
Escondido Union School District reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to be in violation of instructions from this office.
All flyers for distribution in the Escondido Union School District must meet the following criteria for content and format:
- All flyers must be in English and Spanish.
- Activities must be educationally sound or of direct benefit to students.
- Curriculum-based events such as essay contests, poster contests, “-thons,” Earth Day, Arbor Day, etc., need a commitment from a school that they intend to participate. After participation in such events is established, flyers must be approved through the superintendent’s office via PeachJar.
- All materials to be distributed shall bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Events being offered in areas outside of Escondido will not be approved if the same opportunity is available within Escondido. Each request of this nature will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All flyers must be in a readable PDF format.
- Flyers can have multiple pages in one PDF document.
- Flyers must not contain materials that:
- Include lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous language or images.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Contain prayer or proselytizing language.
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of any unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
Approval and Distribution Process
Escondido Union School District district cooperates with approved community partners by posting flyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from a paper to electronic flyer delivery. Paper flyers are no longer accepted at EUSD school sites.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
- Review our guidelines.
- Go to peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment/Community Organization.
- Upload your flyer.
Your flyer will be submitted to the district office automatically. District staff will review the material and approve or deny the flyer based on the guidelines. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Peachjar manages flyer distribution on behalf of our schools using the latest electronic communication technology. Once your flyer is posted to a school’s Peachjar site, parents can view your flyer through the PeachJar logo on the school website. Additionally, your flyer will be delivered to all parents’ emails as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will see your flyer immediately and be able to click through to your website to sign-up.
One day each week has been set aside for electronic distribution of all flyers in EUSD. Materials for approval must be submitted to Peachjar online before 5 p.m. Tuesday. All approved flyers will be posted on Thursday to school websites under the logo, in addition to being sent out to parents via email.
PeachJar for individual schools
- Glen View
- L.R. Green
- N. Broadway
- Oak Hill
- Orange Glen
- Reidy Creek
- Rock Springs