Important / Importante
DISTRICT CLOSURE: Learn more in English...
CIERRE DEL DISTRITO: Más informes en español...
Office of the Superintendent
Approval Guidelines for Flyer Distribution
General guidelines for flyer approval are as follows:
- All flyers are approved through the superintendent’s office via PeachJar.
- All flyers must be in English and Spanish.
- Activities must be educationally sound or of direct benefit to students.
- Material must be from non-profit, non-commercial organizations.
- Material must not advocate a religious or a political viewpoint.
- Events charging a fee for participation are discouraged. Exceptions to this are events, classes, or camps being sponsored by an agency with which the district has an interagency agreement. Sample agencies include, but are not limited to: City of Escondido, City of San Diego Parks & Recreation, Escondido Union High School District or its individual high schools, Boys & Girls Club, Palomar Family YMCA, Boy and Girl Scouts of America.
- Curriculum-based events such as essay contests, poster contests, “thons,” Earth Day, Arbor Day, etc. need a commitment from a school that they intend to participate. After participation in such events is established, flyers must be approved through the superintendent’s office via PeachJar.
- All for-profit vendors will be denied approval for districtwide distribution of their products/services. Fund-raising activities will be referred to the Escondido Council PTA president to be shared with unit presidents.
- Advertisements for fee-based services, such as private tutoring, music lessons, etc. are not approved. Fee-based, private sports/arts/academic camps will be considered by the superintendent on a case-by-case basis.
- Events being offered in areas outside of Escondido will not be approved if the same opportunity is available within Escondido. Each request of this nature will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
NOTE: Flyer approval does not constitute endorsement. Approval simply means the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for districtwide electronic distribution. The superintendent reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to be in violation of instructions from this office.
Information for Outside Organizations
Peachjar manages eflyer distribution on behalf of our schools using the latest electronic communication technology. Once your flyer is posted to a school’s Peachjar site, parents can view your flyer through the PeachJar logo on the school website. Additionally, your flyer will be delivered to all parents’ emails as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will immediately see your flyer and be able to click through to your website to sign-up.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. To post a flyer, register at www.peachjar.com, and select your desired school(s). Your flyer is then automatically submitted to the district for approval. Once approved, your flyer will be delivered to all parents and posted online.
For more information, visit Peachjar: www.peachjar.com.
One day each week has been set aside for electronic distribution of all flyers. Materials for approval must be submitted to Peachjar at www.peachjar.com prior to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday. All approved flyers will be posted on Thursday evenings to school websites under the PeachJar logo in addition to being sent out to parents’ emails.
PeachJar for Individual Schools
- Glen View
- L.R. Green
- N. Broadway
- Oak Hill
- Orange Glen
- Reidy Creek
- Rock Springs