What are the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments?
Computer-based tests in English language arts (ELA) and mathematics that are administered to students in grades 3 through 8, and grade 11. The Smarter Balanced Assessment System utilizes computer-adaptive tests and performance tasks that allow students to show what they know and are able to do. This system is based on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics. The computer-adaptive section includes a range of item types such as selected response, constructed response, table, fill-in, graphing, etc. The performance tasks are extended activities that measure a student’s ability to integrate knowledge and skills across multiple standards — a key component of college and career readiness.
Smarter Balanced Student Score Report Information
- 2017-18 CAASPP Student Score Report and resources – forthcoming
- Sample 2017-18 CAASPP Student Score Report
- Muestra del reporte individual de los resultados 2017-18 de CAASPP
- Guides to Understanding the CAASPP Student Score Report – These guides explain the 2017-18 CAASPP Student Score Report for grades 3 through 8 and grade 11. The guides are also available in Spanish and seven other languages.
- Understanding Your 2017-18 Student Score Report – This five-minute video will help parents and students learn about the 2017-18 Student Score Report of year-end standardized test results.
- Entendiendo el reporte individual de los resultados 2017-18 de CAASP – Video de 7 minutos explica el reporte individual de los resultados 2017-18 de CAASPP.