What is Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments?
Computer-based tests in English language arts (ELA) and mathematics that are administered to students in grades three through eight, and grade eleven. The Smarter Balanced Assessment System utilizes computer-adaptive tests and performance tasks that allow students to show what they know and are able to do. This system is based on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics. The computer-adaptive section includes a range of item types such as selected response, constructed response, table, fill-in, graphing, etc. The performance tasks are extended activities that measure a student’s ability to integrate knowledge and skills across multiple standards—a key component of college and career readiness.
Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments Guides for Parents –Guides for parents and guardians to help interpret the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) student score report and Smarter Balanced Assessments.
Smarter Balanced Student Score Report Information
- Sample 2015–16 CAASPP Student Score Report
- Versión en Español—Muestra del reporte individual de los resultados 2015–16 de CAASPP
- Guides to Understanding the CAASPP Student Score Report
- “Understanding the CAASPP Student Score Report” VIDEO (5 min.)
- “Entendiendo el Reporte de Puntuación del Estudiante del 2015–16” VIDEO (8 min.)