Frequently Asked Questions
Does the iPad content get filtered? Even on my home’s Wi-Fi?
- EUSD has installed software that forces the iPad to go through our web filters regardless of whether the iPad is at school or at home (or anywhere else).
- No filtering system is 100%, so parents should always monitor their child when using technology.
What selection of apps does my child have access to on the iPad?
What if the iPad gets lost or stolen?
- Your child’s teacher should be notified immediately if an iPad is lost or stolen.
- The iPads have tracking software installed.
- When an iPad is reported lost or stolen, the security system will make it no longer usable. Even if someone erases it.
- Learn more…
Can someone remotely turn on the camera on the iPad when it is at home?
- EUSD technicians do not have the ability to remotely turn on the camera.
Can a different case/cover be used on the iPad?
- The frame around iPad is designed and tested to protect iPad from drops as high as 6 ft onto surfaces as hard as concrete. The keyboard itself is designed to withstand 2.3 ft drop. – Logitech website
- The EUSD issued keyboard and case should always be on the iPad.
- The case should not be removed except by a qualified EUSD staff member.
- Learn more about the keyboard and case.
Is it mandatory that my child has to take home the iPad?
- It is not mandatory that your child take home the iPad.
- Your child will not be penalized.
Do we have to have internet access at home in order to use the iPad?
- The iPad can be used for a variety of tasks that do not require internet access. For example: reading eBooks, word processing, recording, listening to downloaded audio, and many apps that do not require an internet connection.
- Low cost Internet can be obtained through a special offer through Cox Communications. Learn more…
How much screen time is too much?
- There is no one-size-fits-all solution in regard to limiting screen time… we encourage you to find the right balance for your family’s needs and lifestyle. Learn more…