Escondido Union School District sponsored committees were created to ensure the ongoing participation of family and community members in local educational decision making processes.
Escondido Union School District Committees
- CARE Youth Community Advisory Committee
- Community Advisory Committee – The purpose of the CAC is to advise and work collaboratively with the North Inland SELPA districts on special education policies, procedures, programs, and parent education, as mandated by California Education Code.
- District Advisory Committee – The purpose of DAC is to involve parents in the planning, development and evaluation of Title I programs and services in the district. The committee is comprised of a representative from the the School Site Council at each school, and a School Board representative.
- District English Learner Advisory Committee – The purpose of the DELAC is to advise the district’s local governing board on programs and services for English learners. The committee is comprised of representatives from each school ELAC-English Learner Advisory Committee, and a School Board representative.
- English Learner Advisory Committee (School Sites)
- Independent Citizens Oversight Committees (Proposition E and K) – The ICOC will review expenditures to verify the $182.1 million authorized under Proposition E is spent as presented to the voters. The ICOC will receive and review a minimum of two audit reports each year. Other activities in which ICOC members may engage could include tours of school site projects.
- Local Control Accountability Advisory Committee
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA) – Escondido Council