Important / Importante
DISTRICT CLOSURE: Learn more in English...
CIERRE DEL DISTRITO: Más informes en español...
The Board of Education shall appoint the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee members. The ICOC shall consist of at least seven members, and no more than nine, to serve for a period of two years without compensation and for no more than two consecutive terms. At least three members shall be appointed for two consecutive terms, and the remaining members shall be appointed for one term in order to rotate membership on the ICOC. The ICOC may not include any employee or official of the school district, vendor, contractor, or consultant of the school district.
The ICOC shall include:
- One member active in a business organization representing the business community located within the school district
- One member active in a senior citizens organization
- One member who is the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district
- One member who is both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district and active in a parent-teacher organization
- At least one member of the Committee shall be a representative of the San Diego County Taxpayers Association, and/or a member of a bona fide taxpayers association.
- One alternate member who will serve only when quorum is not met without his or her participation
A majority of the members of the Committee shall possess expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Large scale construction operations
- Municipal/public finance matters
- Performance and financial auditing
- Construction-related project management
- Real estate acquisition or sales
- Environmental laws or regulations
- Information technology