The Board of Education shall appoint the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee members. The ICOC shall consist of at least seven members, and no more than nine, to serve for a period of two years without compensation and for no more than two consecutive terms. At least three members shall be appointed for two consecutive terms, and the remaining members shall be appointed for one term in order to rotate membership on the ICOC. The ICOC may not include any employee or official of the school district, vendor, contractor, or consultant of the school district.
- We have one vacancy – Taxpayer Association Representative. Click here to apply.
The ICOC shall include:
- One member active in a business organization representing the business community located within the school district
- One member active in a senior citizens’ organization
- One member who is the parent/guardian of a child enrolled in the school district
- One member who is both a parent/guardian of a child enrolled in the school district and active in a parent-teacher organization
- At least one member of the Committee shall be a representative of the San Diego County Taxpayers Association, and/or a member of a bona fide tax payers association.
A majority of the members of the Committee shall possess expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Large scale construction operations
- Municipal/public finance matters
- Performance and financial auditing
- Construction-related project management
- Real estate acquisition or sales
- Environmental laws or regulations
- Information technology