The Board of Education shall appoint the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee members. The ICOC shall consist of at least seven members, and no more than nine, to serve for a period of two years without compensation and for no more than three consecutive terms. The ICOC may not include any employee or official of the school district, vendor, contractor, or consultant of the school district.
There are currently no vacancies.
The ICOC shall include:
- One (1) member shall be the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District.
- One (1) member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the P.T.A. or a school site council.
- One (1) member shall be active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
- One (1) member shall be active in a community organization.
- One (1) member shall be active in a bona-fide taxpayers association. At least one member of the Committee shall be a representative of San Diego County Taxpayer Association. In the case that a member of SDCTA cannot be identified to serve on the committee, solicitation for such representations shall be opened to the broader community.
- Two (2) members shall be of the community at-large.
- One (1) alternate member who will serve only when quorum is not met without his or her participation.
A majority of the members of the Committee shall possess expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Large scale construction operations
- Municipal/public finance matters
- Performance and financial auditing
- Construction-related project management
- Real estate acquisition or sales
- Environmental laws or regulations
- Information technology